What is a digital planner? Everything you need to know!
Do you like staying organized and having everything in one place? If so, you may want to consider using a digital planner. A digital planner is a great way to keep all of your important information in one spot, without having to carry around a bunch of folders and papers. In this blog post, we will discuss what digital planners are, the different types available, and how they can benefit you. We will also provide some tips on how to get started with digital planning!
In this guide:
1. What is a digital planner and what are its benefits over a physical planner
2. How to find the right digital planner for your needs
3. Tips for using your digital planner to its fullest potential
4. The best ways to use a digital planner for productivity and goal setting
What is a digital planner and what are the benefits?
A digital planner is a type of planner that is designed to be used on a digital device, usually a tablet, such as an iPad, but it can also be used on your computer or even your phone. The type of digital planner I'll be talking about are typically PDF files with 'hyperlinks' which act as buttons and link to other pages within the planner.
These digital planners are designed to be used with any PDF editing app. The most common app for iOS is Goodnotes, and Noteshelf or Notability for Android devices. These apps allow you to write, draw, type, and paste images onto the pages in your digital planner, in the same way you would use a paper planner. Digital planners come in many different styles and formats, so it is important to find one that suits your needs.
There are many benefits to using a digital planner over a physical planner. Firstly, digital planners take up no space and can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection. This is especially beneficial if you like to plan on the go. Digital planners can include a variety of features that are not available in physical planners, such as interactive calendars, to-do lists, and goal tracking tools.
If you are thinking of making the switch to a digital planner, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, it may take some time to get used to using a digital planner and finding the right app and format that works for you. It is also important to make sure your device has enough battery life and storage space to accommodate your digital planner.
Overall, digital planners offer many benefits over physical planners and are a great way to stay organized and productive.
How to find the right digital planner?
There are many different digital planners available on the market, so it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. The best way to find the right digital planner is to figure out what style and features you need and then do some research.
The most common types of digital planners are:
- Landscape vs portrait: This is probably the most important decision to make when choosing a digital planner, as it will determine the layout of the planner and how much information can be fit on each page. Both portrait and landscape planners have pros and cons, ultimately it comes down to personal choice.
- Minimalist or decorative: Minimalist digital planners tend to have simple yet functional layouts with lots of white space. Decorative planners generally have more colors, images, and fonts and can also be designed to look like a real ring-bound planner.
- Dated vs Undated: A digital planner can either be dated (similar to a yearly paper planner) or undated, where you have to fill in all of the dates but it can be re-used each year.
- Style: Other considerations include page color, page layouts, extra templates, and more! There are many different styles of digital planners available, so it is important to find one that you like.
If you need more help choosing the right planner I've written a guide on How to Choose the Perfect Digital Planner.
Tips for getting the most out of your digital planner
Once you have chosen the right digital planner for your needs, it is important to know how to use it to its fullest potential. Here are a few tips:
- Create a 'master' calendar: A digital planner can include multiple calendars, such as a yearly, monthly, and weekly calendar. It is helpful to create a 'master' calendar that includes all of your events and tasks so you can see them at a glance.
- Use different colors: One of the benefits of digital planning is the endless pen color options. Choose your favorite colors to coordinate and organize your schedule.
- Use the interactive hyperlinks: The hyperlinks are one of the most useful features of a digital planner. It allows you to easily jump between sections and pages. Make sure to choose a planner with easy and logical hyperlinks!
- Use the templates: The extra templates are another useful feature of digital planners and are a great way to stay on top of different areas in your life, such as budget, meal plan, fitness, and habit tracking.
- Use the notes: Many digital planners come with a notes section, which is great for recording ideas, meeting notes, or any other information. This is a great way to keep all of your information in one place.
The best ways to use a digital planner for productivity
Digital planners are not just for organizing your schedule, they can also be used for productivity and goal setting. Here are a few tips:
- Break down your goals into small steps: A digital planner is a great way to break down your long-term goals into smaller, more manageable steps. This will help you stay on track and achieve your targets.
- Set deadlines: Digital planners are perfect for setting deadlines as they can be easily edited and updated. This will help you to stay on top of your tasks and avoid procrastination.
- Use the habit tracking feature: Many digital planners come with habit tracker templates, these are a great way to develop good habits and achieve goals.
The best digital planner...
Digital planners are a great way to organize your life and work more effectively. By choosing the right planner and using it to its fullest potential, you can achieve anything!
If you're interested in digital planning, I'd recommend checking out GoodNotes. It's my favorite planner app and it has everything you need to get started! You can find it on the App Store or on their website: goodnotes.com.
Thanks for reading! :)